Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Auctions, charities and conventions

Hello!
I hope that you are all well these days. I’ve been a bit busy, so I apologize for not blogging as often as I would like. I have been busy with work as well as more ”social” art. See below!

I had a table and presented artwork at APE this year, and it was a success! The Alternative Press Expo(APE) in San Francisco is a small convention with loads of great art and independent artwork. This year was my first time having a table. It was great to be at a show much smaller than comic con where I could see practically anything. Special thanks for Debbie Aoki for organizing the table! And thank you to all who stopped by to say hello.

I am now out of my sketchbooks. If you want to pick one up, there may be a few for sale at Stuart Ng Books or the Super 7 Store here in San Francisco.

Also, Purrr-caso! Purr-caso was a charity silent art auction thrown by the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society . The BEBHS takes care of a lot of furry friends in need of some love and help. The auction was filled with wonderful artwork. It took place in Berkeley this past weekend. I think that the event was a huge help, raising some much needed funds. I made it across the bay to check out some of the fantastic artwork. Here is a piece that I contributed below. Congrats to the BEBHS for throwing a successful event!.
Also, I am participating in The Those Guys Charity Auction down in Los Angeles! The Those Guys is a great group of professional artists from southern California and they decided to put their creative muscle to work and to have a great charity event. The proceeds go towards local schools in LA. They are also screening the movie Goonies at the Rialto Theatre in South Pasadena on November 15th! Go if you can! Its for a great cause and its a classic to see on the big screen.

Here is my piece for the show, based on a scene from the cult classic “Legend”. Its the original drawing with prisma-color framed that is up for auction.



Here is the Charity main site
http://www.ttgcharity.com/event_index.html

Here is their blog:
http://thethoseguys.blogspot.com/

and here is their auction page:
http://www.ttgcharity.com/auction/index.html

The pieces are up for auction starting on the net now, including some nice pieces by great artists. I hope that you are well as we roll into the holiday season, look for more posts soon!

xoxo – Mike D.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails